GET A GRIP ADVENTURES is a Lifestyle Health & Wellness business, based out of Westport, County Mayo.
See our class timetable for general classes, workshops or for more specific training requirements please see contact details below.
Follow us on Twitter @GetAGripLife
Dave worked as a mechanical engineer and senior project manager before switching careers in mid-2007 and taking up Teaching/Coaching/Facilitating full-time.
He attended his first yoga class in 1999 and hasn't looked back since. Dave received an ITEC Diploma in Fitness Instruction from Litton Lane in Dublin (2007). He also became Powerhouse Pilates Mat Level I and II certified (2007) and received his Yoga Teacher Certification at the 200hr level through The Elbowroom in Dublin (a Yoga Alliance Registered Training School) in 2008. He continues to attend regular yoga classes and health & wellness workshops and has attended the ACSM Certified Personal Trainer course delivered by Litton Lane. In 2010 Dave completed the Outdoor Activity Course at Delphi Adventure Centre where he trained in Remote Emergency Care, Rock Climbing, Kayaking and Mountaineering. He has also competed in half marathon/marathon and triathlon events both here and in the U.S.
In 2012 he walked the Camino de Santiago from St. Jean Pied de Port in France to Finisterra in Spain - close to 800km in total.
He writes historical fiction in his spare time. Follow his writing here.
GET A GRIP STUDIO NOTES:
- Shoes are not permitted in the studio, there is a shoe holder outside the studio door. It's also useful to bring your own mat to class.
- Please turn off your mobile phone before entering the studio proper. Yoga, Pilates, Meditation are individual practices and require focus and quiet.
- Please also fill out a screening form before attending your first class. A screening form is download-able on this web site.
- The classes start at the times indicated. In the interest of everyone's safety and enjoyment participants arriving more than ten minutes late will be asked to attend a different class.
- Please respect other participants space and belongings.
- Parking is on the right hand side of the road as you are driving up Horkans Hill. Please refrain from parking directly opposite the sports complex.
- Please check with your medical doctor or health care provider before attending class if you are concerned about starting a new exercise routine such as Yoga, Pilates etc.
Thank you for your cooperation and we hope you enjoy your class!
Get A Grip Studio Disclaimer:
Please check with your health care professional before starting any exercise or Yoga program. The information provided within is intended to be used under professional instruction and guidance. It is not a substitute for medical care and attention. Please use common sense and walk the middle path as you develop your practice. Thank-you.